Search engine optimization / SEO
Do you desire to put your company or service on the map even better? If your answer is yes, then you simply cannot ignore search engine optimization (SEO). Optimal findability of your website is closely related to optimization of conversions thereby bringing in concrete leads and customers. In this blog, we pay attention to the process that lies behind what a strong of search engine optimization looks like. Often, this is the starting point of any search engine optimization company that seeks to serve you. With these tips you can actually get started on your own, but it is always more advisable to outsource search engine optimization so that you can focus on other business processes. Read on and discover the process of SEO optimization.
Step 1: Strategy / action plan
Good SEO search engine optimization is inextricably linked to a clearly mapped strategy or a search engine action plan. There exists more than 200 factors which be distinguished that determine organic positions within search engines. That is why it is important to start every SEO campaign with a solid strategy or a clear search engine action plan.
The effectiveness of an SEO campaign stands or falls with the goals you set in advance and the strategy you pursue. Quickly setting up a campaign, selecting general keywords and little attention to detail are known pitfalls that you can avoid. After all, all business owners strive for a well-oiled and successful search engine optimization campaign that will eventually generate new customers and make more money than it costs. Our advice is therefore: Have an eye for detail, be patient and proceed thoughtfully and systematically. Well-thought-out website search engine optimization for Google is indispensable in making your site easy to find.
So, which important questions does a well thought-out search engine action plan answer?
- Which search terms does my target audience use?
- Which search terms match my objectives?
- Does my company’s website sufficiently match these search terms?
- How does Google view my website?
- What needs to be done to get to the top of the Google search engine?
Step 2: Improve your website
Now that you have mapped your strategy and / or search engine action plan, it is time for the next step: the technical SEO website optimization. This needs to fit seamlessly with your previously created search optimization plan.
For your website to be technically optimized, you need to look at a few aspects including:
- The correct speed of the website and the server.
- Google’s indexability and accessibility.
- The security of the website.
- The design for mobile and desktop.
- The texts of the website that are shown in the Google results list.
If the technique above is implemented properly, you move to the next step of website optimization which is to create more relevance for Google. By having more specific added value to your site (the value is not standardized for all websites), you make your website more distinctive compared to your competitors. After all, that’s what you want with search optimization, right? Think of distinctive texts or other images with a high(er) relevance in the market you are serving. This brings added value for you as a participant in your industry thereby playing a very crucial role in the optimization process.
Structure and content
In the end it is all about one goal: to create more conversion and attract more customers to your website. Optimizing for the search engine is therefore simply optimizing for your target group. With a well-considered strategy in optimizing your website, you map out a path for your target group that means that they can actually do nothing else but chose you. They will land on your website, stay there for some time and finally become a permanent customer. A good foundation and the correct layout of your website contribute significantly to this.
A few questions you can ask yourself to help you with this process:
- How is the website structured? The skeleton of your website must be right.
- Which texts and images do you place efficiently in which place? Search and work towards a clear system in the website.
- Aspects like your bounce rate as well (that is the percentage of visitors that land on your website and leave without clicking further), the visit duration and a secure website are aspects that influence your positioning in Google.
Step 3: Increase your influence
The common reference point in your SEO optimization is: How can you ensure that your website is optimally found and that it attracts the right visitors? A useful and effective tool in your SEO search engine optimization for Google is link building. In short, link building is about the number of other relevant websites in your field that mention or recommend your site. Many website search engine optimization specialists actually solely focus exclusively on this part.
Other websites that link to your website say something about you. Think of it this way: a person with a large and diverse network of other people around them is often someone with a certain degree of prestige. Other people like to be associated with that person, and the person in question gets a lot done by having their network. Link building works exactly like that. The more websites mention or link through your site, the more seriously your site is taken by Google. Having enough relevant external (back) links largely determines how well your website is found. Link building is about quality as well. You want relevant links from sites with a lot of online authority. This means that high authority websites are pointing towards you. This will be a major boost to your website’s Google’s ranking. After all, Google considers your website to be reliable, authoritative and prominent in the field in which you are active; and that is exactly what you want.
So ‘doing link building’ in your SEO optimization can pay off greatly.
The steps you can take:
So, in a nutshell, how do you go about link building?
- Determine the level of authority of your competitors that are already at the top of Google.
- Then check which websites link to your website and compare your authority with that of the competition.
- Make a plan: how are you going to ensure that you get the attention / links your website deserves? Where does your competitor get attention and where are the possibilities for you? And what are other ways to get linked? If necessary, obtain information about this from a search engine optimization specialist.
- Increase the number of websites with a link to your website so that Google knows you are important. After all, you are the specialist in your field, aren’t you?
Step 4: Get extra attention
You only create a good first impression once.
You will, of course, want to take this into account in your search engine optimization (plan). In addition to everything you already do to position your website in Google as well as possible, you want your website to stand out even more in the search results. All potential customers who search within your industry or specialty should end up on your web page and not on that of the competitor. It is, therefore, smart to get extra attention. Sticking your head above ground level is what you want.
With smart tools, handy tricks and anticipating trends and the future, you can be distinctive and decisive in the sea of search results on Google. Adjust your search engine optimization accordingly and get even more results from your website.
Some things you can focus on:
- Star rating – ‘Gold stars’ and visible customer reviews. These rich snippets help your website to stand out among the other search results.
- Company profile in Google – Be visible as a company on Google Maps. Be open to reviews. Open a chat function in which you can communicate directly with customers.
- Images – With image-SEO you ensure striking and strategically well-founded images. Think of the correct compression of images, a descriptive alt text with relevant words and a good URL structure for your images.
- Business and product videos – Video reviews in Google are going to play an increasingly important role. Video-oriented content is the future. Direct tight and SEO-technically correct videos and make consumers the most important influencers of your company.
- Reputation Management – Create a balanced impression of who you are. Take action yourself to make that image more realistic or to nuance it for the people who search for your company name.
- Meta description – A catchy and relevant meta description in which you briefly describe what you have to offer your customers is important. If the description matches the content of the page, Google will copy it in 90% of the cases. This significantly increases your click-through rate.
You now have four important steps, which are used by search engine optimization specialists to make your SEO optimization a success. With a well-mapped search engine optimization plan you create order in the maze of possibilities. In previous blogs we have also emphasized how important it is to be strategic and thoughtful when it comes to optimizing your position in the search engines. A tightly directed search engine optimization plan is part of this and is essential for a successful campaign. Are you going to work with it yourself? Or would you rather outsource your search engine optimization to our search engine optimization company?